Energy Assistance Events
Customers of DTE Energy who are having difficulty making their utility payments can apply for relief at three additional events at The Salvation Army of Muskegon Corps Community Center Wednesday, April 5, Wednesday, April 19 and Wednesday, April 26 from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. The Salvation Army of Muskegon is located at 1221 Shonat Street in Muskegon.
Staff from The Salvation Army will be on hand to meet with customers and help them enroll in an affordable payment plan, which will reduce monthly energy bills and forgive overdue balances over the program year.
In order to qualify, applicants must:
· Have household income under 150% of the Federal Poverty Level ($36,450 for a family of 4)
- Documentation of each source of income from the last 45 days is required.
- If there is a source of income that is meant to remain the same (usually child support, unemployment, etc.), documentation is needed to show how much is supposed to be paid during the 30 days after the interview.
· Show a current utility bill in the name of the applicant with connected service
· Provide identification such as a driver’s license, state ID, or birth certificate
· Show a Social Security card for the applicant and provide Social Security numbers for all other household members.
No registration is required; applicants may simply come to The Salvation Army of Muskegon Corps Community Center between from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Wednesday, April 5, Wednesday, April 19 and Wednesday, April 26. Anyone with questions about the event may call The Salvation Army Call Center at 855.929.1640.