Programs & Ministries
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The Salvation Army has been serving the Muskegon County Area proudly since 1885. As the needs have changed, The Salvation Army has continued to be a beacon of light for those who find themselves in need of assistance.
The Salvation Army currently offers the following services to the residents of Muskegon County:
- Family Services: Emergency Food Pantry, Basic Human Needs Assistance, Pathway of Hope program
- Seasonal Assistance: Thanksgiving Day Turkey Run, Christmas Food Basket and Toys.
- Youth Services: Scouting/Character Building, Music Programs. Summer Day Camp and Overnight Camping at Little Pine Island Camp in Comstock Park
- Adult Ministries: Golden Agers Fellowship, Nursing Home Visitation (Community Cares Ministry) Women's Ministries, Ladies' Craft Night, and Mens Ministries, weekly worship services and group bible study.
Additional Services provided by The Salvation Army, include:
- Salvation Army Thrift Store - 1-800-SA TRUCK. The West Michigan stores are operated by and support the programs of the Adult Rehabilitation Center.
- Grand Rapids Adult Rehabilitation Center: Call 1-616-452-3133 for more information.
- Turning Point: This is a medically supervised substance abuse program also located in Grand Rapids, Michigan which provides, detox, counseling and group therapy.
- Disaster Services: http://sawmni.org/wmni/emergency-disaster-services
- Missing Persons Services: http://www.salvationarmyusa.org/usn/missing-persons This department is located at our Territorial Headquarters in Des Plaines, Illinois and can be contacted at (847) 294-2088.
- Salvation Army World Service Office:As an international organization in 108 nations, The Salvation Army aids more than one million poor people in developing countries. https://sawso.org/